- Consultant for Advisory Services
Years of Experience:
Industry Team Membership:
- Financial Planning
- Privately Held Business
- California State University, Fullerton, B.A.
- California State University, Sacramento, M.B.A.
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, C.V.A.
- Association of Certified Fraud Specialists, C.F.S.
- Engagement shareholder on audits of public sector (State agencies, school districts, county offices of education, community colleges), nonprofits (charter schools, public charities and associations) and private sector clientele.
- Member of the State Controller’s Office K-12 Audit Guide Committee and the CSBA Education Legal Alliance/Audit Task Force. This group develops the annual audit guide for California educational agencies.
- Author and presenter for the California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSCPA) courses, including Governmental Accounting and Auditing, Implementation and Review Procedures, Audit Standards, and audits of California School Districts.
- Consultant in the areas of internal control risk assessment, cost accounting, strategic planning, arbitrage, and financial forecasting.
- Professor, taught accounting and auditing courses at California State University, Sacramento and National University.
- Expert witness and consultant to a variety of governmental agencies on personnel issues, state administrative proceedings, and fraud, abuse and illegal acts.
- Frequent lecturer: CASBO Conference; CSBA Conference; CSCPA Annual School District and GA&A Conference; AGRIP Conference; PARMA Conference.
- Expert witness for hearings on proposed legislation to the California State Legislature’s Education and Business and Professional Committee.
- Business Valuation for succession planning, employee stock ownership plans and loss of earnings.
- Litigation support for forensic related audit and accounting cases.
- Expert consultant/witness for formal administrative/court proceedings.
- Frequent lecturer/conference speaker on ethics and fraud related topics.
- Whistleblower and fraud investigations and reporting.
- Expert in public and private sector insurance operations: workers’ compensation, property, liability, and health coverage.
- Experience teaching accounting and auditing courses at California State University, Sacramento and National University.
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- California Association of Joint Powers Authorities (CAJPA)
- National Association of Certified Fraud Specialists (NACFS)
- Association of Certified Fraud Specialists (ACFS)
- Sacramento Rotary President, 2013-2014
- Boy Scouts – GEC President, Troop 1 ASM
- Reclamation District #1000 – Board Chairman of Legal and Budget Committees
- St. Francis High School – Board, Chairman of Budget and Finance Committees