- Senior Manager
Years of Experience:
- California State University, Sacramento, B.S. (Accountancy)
- Manages a variety of financial and compliance audits for state agencies, joint power insurance authorities, school districts, county offices of education, community colleges, and nonprofits such as land trusts and associations.
- Consultant in the areas of financial management, strategic planning, internal controls, and operations management. She presents frequently at various informational briefings, workshops, and seminars offered by Gilbert Associates, Inc. Brings added value to clients by keeping them up-to-date on new standards, regulations, and laws.
- Technical areas of expertise include financial statement preparation, accounting and reporting of other postemployment benefits (GASB 45), accounting and reporting of pensions (GASB 68), preparing and/or reviewing the conversion from modified accrual to full accrual accounting (GASB 34 and 35) and complex debt accounting and reporting (i.e.debt refunding.)
- Member of the Measure U Citizens Oversight Committee of the City of Sacramento as the CPA representative, serves as the co-chair of the California Society of CPAs School District Conference Planning Committee, and is the contracted CFO for various governmental agencies.
- Conducts compliance audits of federal and state grants pursuant to Government Auditing Standards and Uniform Guidance (formerly OMB Circular A-133).
- Prior to joining Gilbert Associates, Inc., Jamie worked as a controller where she reorganized all office systems and procedures, sign
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Government Finance Officer Association (GFOA)
Recent Continuing Education:
•Rules and Responsibilities of Audit Committees
•Financial Statement Preparation for Your QuickBooks Clients
•CPA Associates, Western Regional Training, Management
•Accounting and Audit of Insurance Cooperatives
•CalCPA School District conference
•CCIA Spring Conference
•CalCPA Governmental Accounting and Auditing Conference
•Audits of Governmental Entities
•Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting and Auditing
•Fraud in Government and Not-for-Profit Environments
•Government Auditing Standards and OMB Circular A-133
•Facilitator of in-house government training
•CalCPA, Advance Fraud Case Study