Want to advance your career? We’re hiring! View Our Open Positions.

Notify IRS Of Changes Within 60 Days

Effective January 1, 2014, any organization with an Employer Identification Number (EIN), including tax exempt organizations, must notify the IRS of a change of address or the identity of a responsible party, using Form 8822-B. This form must be filed within 60 days of the change. If the change occurred before January 1, and has not been reported, you must file Form 8822-B before March 1, 2014.  An updated Form 8822-B is available on IRS.gov. There is a box on the form that exempt organizations must check.