Years of Experience:
- Five years of experience auditing Local Educational Agencies
- California State University, Fresno, B.S., Business Administration (Accountancy), Magna Cum Laude
- Manager on variety of audits including nonprofit, employee benefit plans, governmental entities, and privately held businesses.
- Manages and supervises staff on each engagement, with varying degrees of experience. Responsible for financial statement presentation, footnotes, management letters, and other required communications.
- Assist in the daily progress of audit fieldwork
- Assists clients with preparation of financial statements in accordance with GASB 34 and 35.
- Conducts audits of federal financial assistance programs pursuant to OMB Circular A-133/Uniform Guidance and Government Auditing Standards.
- Conducts audits in accordance with Guide for Annual Audits of K-12 Local Education Agencies and State Compliance Planning.
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Beta Gamma Sigma National Honor Society
Recent Continuing Education:
- AICPA, Audit Quality Discussion 2015
- AICPA, Auditing Employee Benefit Plans 2015
- CPAAI, Accounting & Auditing Update for Employee Benefit Plans 2014
- AICPA, Foundations in Governmental Accounting 2012
- AICPA, Applying A-133 to Nonprofit and Governmental Organizations 2013
- CalCPA, 2015 Governmental Accounting and Auditing Conference
- AICPA, 2015 OMB Compliance Supplement, and Single Audit Update
- AICPA, Governmental Accounting and Reporting 2016
- Upstream, Career Development Series – Business Development 2015
- Various in-house training related to Accounting and Auditing, Internal Control Structure, Fraud, Single Audit Act, Single Audit Act, GASB Updates, Nonprofit.
- AICPA, Avoiding Common Deficiencies in Yellow Book Audits
- AICPA, 2016 OMB Compliance Supplement, and Single Audit Update
- AICPA, 2016 State and Local Government Audit planning Considerations
- CalCPA, 2016 Governmental Accounting and Auditing Conference
- AICPA, The Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards and Major Program Determination
- AICPA, Auditing Defined Contribution Plans
- CalCPA, 2017 Governmental Accounting and Auditing Conference
- Allinial, Training: LP1 Leading Engagements