Years of Experience:
- California State University, Sacramento, B.S. Business Administration (Accountancy)
- Responsible for oversight of all aspects of attestation engagements including planning, execution, and presentation of results to management, governing boards, and committees.
- Current Shareholder in charge of Gilbert’ Privately Held Business and Charter School Committees. Co-chair of the Firm’s Quality Control Committee. Member of the firm’s Nonprofit, Government, and Employee Benefit Plan Industry Committees.
- Provides clients with recommendations on a wide variety of issues including internal controls and general operating matters.
- Provides internal and external training on accounting and audit related matters.
- Prior to joining Gilbert, Sarah worked as an accountant for a large commercial insurance broker and as an associate for a CPA firm located in the bay area.
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Current Board Member, S.A.C. Prep Charter School
Recent Continuing Education:
- Allinial Global Summit
- CalCPA School District conference
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Industry Conference
- CalCPA Employee Benefits Plan Annual Conference
- Various in-house training related to Accounting and Auditing for Nonprofits and Governmental entities, Internal Controls, Fraud, Single Audit Act, GASB Updates