Years of Experience:
Industry Team Membership:
- Public Sector – Department Chair
- Training Committee – Chair
- Quality Control Committee – Co-Chair
- California State University, Sacramento, Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, (Accountancy)
- Financial and compliance audits of various governmental entities including school districts, county offices of education, community colleges, cities, water districts, joint powers authorities and other special districts.
- Responsible for oversight of all aspects of audit engagements including planning, execution, and presentation of results to management, governing boards, and committees.
- Assist clients in preparation of award winning CAFRs and provide clients with recommendations on a wide variety of issues including evaluating the effectiveness of internal control structures and general operating matters.
- Conduct compliance audits of federal financial assistance programs pursuant to OMB Circular A-133/Uniform Guidance and Government Auditing Standards.
- Conducts compliance audits in accordance with Guide for Annual Audits of K-12 Local Education Agencies and State Compliance Reporting and Contracted District Audit Manual, issued by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office.
- Current Chair of Gilbert Associate’s Public Sector Industry and Training Committee, and Co-Chair of the Quality Control Committee.
- Responsible for overseeing firms peer review and coordinator along with instructor of in-house training seminars.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA Government Quality Center, Designated Quality Partner
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- CalCPA Governmental Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Government Finance Officer Association (GFOA)
Recent Continuing Education:
- AICPA National Governmental Accounting and Auditing Update Conference
- CalCPA, Governmental and School District Conferences
- Various AICPA Government Quality Center Technical Webcasts covering topics such as GASB 68 and new federal super circular
- Various training related to Accounting and Auditing, Internal Control Structure, Fraud, Ethics, Single Audit Act, and GASB Updates.