Years of Experience:
- Eight years of experience auditing Local Educational Agencies
- California State University, Sacramento, B.S., Business Administration (Accountancy)
- Manager on a variety of audits including governmental entities, nonprofits,
community colleges, privately held businesses, employee benefit plans,
and joint powers authorities.
- Manages and supervises staff on each engagement, with varying degrees
of experience. Responsible for financial statement presentation, footnotes,
management letters, and other required communications.
- Assists in the daily progress of audit fieldwork.
Conducts compliance audits of federal and state grants pursuant to
Government Auditing Standards and Uniform Guidance (formerly OMB
- Conducts compliance audits in accordance with Guide for Annual Audits
of K-12 Local Education Agencies and State Compliance Reporting and
Contracted District Audit Manual, issued by the California Community Colleges
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
Recent Continuing Education:
- GFOA, Advance Government Training
- AICPA, Foundations in Governmental Accounting
- AICPA, Applying A-133 to Nonprofit and Government Organizations
- AICPA, Employee Benefit Plans: Audit and Accounting Essentials
- AICPA, Auditing Defined Contribution Plans
- AICPA, Governmental Accounting and Reporting
- NIPA at WP&PB – Capitol Forum on Pensions
- Various in-house training related to Accounting and Auditing, Internal Control Structure, Fraud, Single Audit Act, GASB Updates, Non-Profit, Joint Power Authorities.
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plans Conference
- AICAP OMB Supplement and Single Audit Update
- AICPA Applying the Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards
- CalCPA School Districts Conference