Years of Experience:
- California State University, Sacramento, B.S., Business Administration (Accountancy)
- Manager on a variety of audits including governmental entities, nonprofits, community colleges, privately held businesses, employee benefit plans, and joint powers authorities.
- Manages and supervises staff on each engagement, with varying degrees of experience. Responsible for financial statement presentation, footnotes, management letters and other required communications.
- Assists in the daily progress of audit fieldwork.
- Conducts compliance audits of federal and state grants pursuant to Government Auditing Standards and Uniform Guidance (formerly OMB Circular A-133).
- Conducts compliance audits in accordance with Guide for Annual Audits of K-12 Local Education Agencies and State Compliance Reporting and Contracted District Audit Manual, issued by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office..
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Beta Alpha Psi, California State University, Sacramento
Recent Continuing Education:
- GFOA, Advance Government Training
- AICPA, Foundations in Governmental Accounting
- AICPA, Applying A-133 to Nonprofit and Government Organizations
- AICPA, Employee Benefit Plans: Audit and Accounting Essentials
- AICPA, Auditing Defined Contribution Plans
- AICPA, Governmental Accounting and Reporting
- NIPA at WP&PB – Capitol Forum on Pensions
- Various in-house training related to Accounting and Auditing, Internal Control Structure, Fraud, Single Audit Act, GASB Updates, Non-Profit, Joint Power Authorities.
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plans Conference
- AICAP OMB Supplement and Single Audit Update
- AICPA Applying the Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards