- Senior Audit Manager
Years of Experience:
- San Jose State University, San Jose, M.S. (Accountancy)
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, B.S. (Agriculture) Minor in Agribusiness
- Senior Manager on a variety of audits including nonprofit organizations, trade associations, benefit plans, and privately held businesses.
- Manage and supervise staff on each engagement, with varying degrees of experience. Responsible for financial statement presentation, footnotes, management letters and other communications.
- Assist in the daily progress of fieldwork and participate in meetings and conferences with clients to explain audit results, reports and recommendations.
- Prior to joining Gilbert Associates, Matthew worked for three years at a Big Four CPA firm in their San Jose life science and venture capital audit group.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
Recent Continuing Education:
- AICPA National Not-for-Profit Industry Conference
- AICPA, Foundations in Governmental Accounting
- AICPA, Solving Complex Single Audit Issues for Government and Nonprofit Organizations
- Cost Allocation in Nonprofits
- Not-for-Profit Accounting and Reporting: From Start to Finish
- Employee Benefit Plans: Audit and Accounting Essentials
- Various in-house training related to Accounting and Auditing, Internal Control Structure, Single Audit Act, GASB Updates, Nonprofit, Joint Power Authorities