- Shareholder and Director of Audit Practice
Years of Experience:
Industry Team Membership:
- Insurance Pools – Department Chair
- Employee Benefits – Department Chair
- Real Estate Development – Department Chair
- Privately Held Business
- University of California, Berkeley, B.S. (Accounting and Finance)
- Shareholder in charge of numerous audits of insurance pools, employee benefit plans, privately held companies, and state and local government agencies.
- Chairperson of the firm’s Insurance and Employee Benefit Plans Industry Teams.
- Shareholder in charge of several outsourced Controllership and CFO services for insurance pools.
- Consultant and Expert Witness for self-insurance related matters.
- Guest lecturer, California Association of Joint Power Authorities annual conference.
- Guest lecturer, National League of Cities Risk Information Sharing Consortium annual conference.
- Former Controller and portfolio manager for multi-employer pension and welfare plan administration.
- Former Compliance audit manager for employee benefit trust.
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, AICPA Employee Benefit Audit Quality Center
- Former Chairperson, CPA Associates, International Employee Benefit Plan Committee
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Member, California Association of Joint Powers Authorities Finance and Technology Committee
Recent Continuing Education:
- Annual Attendance at AICPA Conference on Employee Benefit Plans
- AICPA Practitioners’ and Technology Conference
- Various training related to Accounting and Auditing, Strategic Analysis and Change Management, Internal Control Structure, Fraud, Ethics, Single Audit Act, and GASB Updates.