- Senior Associate
Years of Experience:
- California State University, Channel Islands, B.S., Business
- University of Nevada, Reno, Certificate in Accounting
- Experience in the preparation of federal and multi-state income tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts, estates, and nonprofits
- Senior associate on a variety of audits including nonprofit, school districts,
joint powers authorities, charter schools, and governmental entities.
- Audit experience includes supervising staff and in-charing the day to day operations of the audit engagement.
- Conducts compliance audits of federal and state grants pursuant to Government Auditing Standards and Uniform Guidance (formerly OMB Circular A-133).
- Conducts compliance audits in accordance with Guide for Annual Audits of K-12 Local Education Agencies and State Compliance Reporting and Contracted District Audit Manual, issued by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office.
- Volunteered as a tax return preparer for the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Prior to joining Gilbert Associates, Karla worked in business management where she oversaw business operations, customer service, staff recruitment/development, inventory management and merchandising.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- Beta Alpha Psi, Nevada Chapter
Recent Continuing Education:
- Spidell Federal and CA Tax Update
- AICPA, 2015 OMB Compliance Supplement, and Single Audit Update
- AICPA, Foundations in Governmental Accounting
- AICPA, Government Auditing Standards
- Applying Uniform Guidance to Governmental Organizations
- GASB 34 Report Preparation and Conversion Entries
- Audits in Accordance with Proposition 39/Performance Audit Standards
- California Community College Contracted District Audit Manual
- Various in-house training related to Taxation, Accounting and Auditing, Internal Control Structure, Fraud, Single Audit Act, GASB Updates, Nonprofit, Joint Powers Authorities