Years of Experience:
- Two years auditing Local Educational Agencies
- University of California, Davis, Graduate School of Management, MPAc (Master of Professional Accountancy)
- University of California, Davis, B.S. Managerial Economics
- Senior Associate on a variety of audits including nonprofits, school districts, governmental entities and privately held businesses.
- Audit experience includes supervising staff and in-charging the day to day operations of the audit engagement.
- Conducts compliance audits of federal and state grants pursuant to Government Auditing Standards and Uniform Guidance (formerly OMB Circular A-133).
Conducts compliance audits in accordance with Guide for Annual Audits of K-12 Local Education Agencies and State Compliance Reporting and Contracted District Audit Manual, issued by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office.
- Experience with a Big Four CPA firm before joining Gilbert.
- American Institute for Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Recent Continuing Education:
- AICPA – Fundamentals of Governmental Accounting and Reporting
- AICPA – Fundamentals for Performing a Single audit Under the Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards
- Applying Uniform Guidance to Governmental Organizations
- GASB 34 Report Preparation and Conversion Entries
- Audits in Accordance with Proposition 39/Performance Audit Standards
- California Community College Contracted District Audit Manual
- Various in-house training related to Accounting and Auditing, Internal Control Structure, Fraud, Single Audit Act, GASB Updates, Nonprofit, Joint Powers Authorities.
- California Professional Ethics
- Audits in Accordance with Proposition 39/ Performance Audit Standards