- Senior Manager
Years of Experience:
- California State University, Chico, B.S., Business Administration (Accountancy)
- Manager on a variety of audits including nonprofit, charter schools, governmental entities, employee benefit plans and privately held businesses.
- Manages and supervises staff on each engagement, with varying degrees of experience. Responsible for financial statement presentation, footnotes, management letters and other required communications.
- Assists in the daily progress of audit fieldwork.
- Conducts audits of federal financial assistance programs pursuant to OMB Circular A-133/Uniform Guidance and Government Auditing Standards.
- Conducts audits in accordance with Guide for Annual Audits of K-12 Local Education Agencies and State Compliance Planning.
- Serves as the firm’s Recruiting Director, responsible for identifying and recruiting talented professionals beginning their public accounting career.
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Chico State Alumni Association
Recent Continuing Education:
- AICPA Audit & Attestation Issues Facing CPAs
- AICPA FASB Review for Business & Industry
- CalCPA School Districts Conference
- AICPA, Non-Profit Conference
- AICPA, Foundations in Governmental Accounting
- AICPA, Solving Complex Single Audit Issues for Government and Nonprofit Organizations
- AICPA, Applying A-133 to Nonprofit and Government Organizations
- Various in-house training related to Accounting and Auditing, Internal Control Structure, Fraud, Single Audit Act, GASB Updates, Nonprofit, Joint Power Authorities.