Years of Experience:
- California State University, Sacramento, B.S., Business Administration (Accountancy)
- Manager on a variety of audits including nonprofit, charter schools, governmental entities, joint power authorities, employee benefit plans, and privately held businesses.
- Manages and supervises staff on each engagement, with varying degrees of experience. Responsible for financial statement presentation, footnotes, management letters and other required communications.
- Assists in the daily progress of audit fieldwork
- Conducts audits of federal financial assistance programs pursuant to OMB Circular A-133/Uniform Guidance and Government Auditing Standards.
- Conducts audits in accordance with Guide for Annual Audits of K-12 Local Education Agencies and State Compliance Planning.
- Experience in the preparation of a variety of individual, trust, partnership, tax exempt, and corporation tax returns.
- Member of the Firm’s nonprofit team
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
Recent Continuing Education:
- AICPA, Foundations in Governmental Accounting
- AICPA, Applying A-133 to Nonprofit and Government Organizations
- AICPA, National Not-for-Profit Conference
- AICPA, Auditing Defined Contribution Plans
- AICPA, Not-for-Profits: Start to Finish
- California Professional Ethics
- Various in-house training related to Accounting and Auditing, Internal Control Structure, Fraud, Single Audit Act, GASB Updates, Nonprofit, Joint Powers Authorities.