- Senior Manager
Years of Experience:
- California State University, Chico, B.S., Business Administration (Accountancy)
- Manager on a variety of audits including nonprofit, charter schools, school districts, county offices of education, community colleges, governmental entities, employee benefit plans and privately held businesses.
- Manages and supervises staff on each engagement, with varying degrees of experience. Responsible for financial statement presentation, footnotes, management letters and other required communications.
- Assists in the daily progress of audit fieldwork.
- Conducts compliance audits of federal and state grants pursuant to Government Auditing Standards and Uniform Guidance (formerly OMB Circular A-133).
- Conducts compliance audits in accordance with Guide for Annual Audits of K-12 Local Education Agencies and State Compliance Reporting and Contracted District Audit Manual, issued by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office..
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Governement Finance Officers Association
- Chico State Alumni Association
Recent Continuing Education:
- GFOA, Advance Government Training
- AICPA, Foundations in Governmental Accounting
- Applying Uniform Guidance to Governmental Organizations
- GASB 34 Report Preparation and Conversion Entries
- Audits in Accordance with Proposition 39/Performance Audit Standards
- California Community College Contracted District Audit Manual
- California Professional Ethics
- AHI Supervisory Training
- Various in-house training related to Accounting and Auditing, Internal Control Structure, Fraud, Single Audit Act, GASB Updates, Nonprofit, Joint Powers Authorities.