- Senior Associate
Years of Experience:
- California State University, Sacramento, B.S., Accounting
- Staff associate on a variety of audits including nonprofit, school districts, and governmental entities.
- Conducts compliance audits of federal and state grants pursuant to Government Auditing Standards and Uniform Guidance (formerly OMB Circular A-133).
- Conducts compliance audits in accordance with Guide for Annual Audits of K-12 Local Education Agencies and State Compliance Reporting and Contracted District Audit Manual, issued by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office.
- Prior to joining Gilbert, Amber worked for SAFE Credit Union in Citrus Heights, Ca. Her responsibilities include assisting members with balancing their accounts, assisting members with the loan application and loan funding process, and auditing the branches daily work.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- Beta Alpha Psi, Beta Phi Chapter, Past Vice President of Committees
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
Recent Continuing Education:
- AICPA, Foundations in Governmental Accounting
- Applying Uniform Guidance to Governmental Organizations
- GASB 34 Report Preparation and Conversion Entries
- Audits in Accordance with Proposition 39/Performance Audit Standards
- California Community College Contracted District Audit Manual
- Various in-house training related to Accounting and Auditing, Internal Control Structure, Fraud, Single Audit Act, GASB Updates, Nonprofit, Joint Powers Authorities
- AICPA – Fundamentals of Governmental Accounting and Reporting
- AICPA – Fundamentals for Performing a Single audit Under the Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards
- CalCPA – School Districts Annual Conference
- AICPA – Auditing Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- AICPA – Not-For-Profit Accounting & Reporting