Gilbert, Inc. is looking for experienced staff. If you would like to be considered for a position with our firm, please contact our office at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
We are seeking an Audit Associate to join our audit group. This individual should be a CPA or CPA candidate, with 1 to 4 years of experience in public accounting. Responsibilities typically include:
- Performs diversified auditing assignments under the direction of senior or manager
- Plans and conducts portions of smaller engagements as experience and judgment allow
- Supervises work flow and other associates as experience and judgment allow
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
Audit Manager/ Senior
We are seeking an audit professional to join our audit team. This individual should be a CPA or CPA candidate, with 3 – 8 years of experience in public accounting. Audit experience a must. Government experience a plus. We are seeking someone with excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Manage, understand and assist with planning multiple audit assignments in Government, Not-For-Profit and Benefits Plans, in addition to other industries.
- Execute the day-to-day activities of audit engagements. Coordinate client engagements from start to finish, including overseeing the budget, planning, executing, directing staff and completing financial statements.
- Prepare all necessary financial statement and related disclosures and management letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Identify and communicate technical matters to both clients and firm management.
- Utilize proactive, effective communication with management, staff and clients.
- Supervise, mentor and train junior associates.
Desired Skills and Experience
- CPA or CPA candidate with 3 – 8 years of experience in public accounting with increasing responsibility. Audit experience a must. Government experience a plus.
- Bachelor degree in accounting required.
- Must possess technical knowledge related to performing financial and compliance audits.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Provides superior customer service. Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent project management and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work overtime as required through the year.
Sr. Tax Associate
We are seeking a Sr. Associate to join our tax department. This individual should be a CPA or CPA candidate, with 2 to 5 years of experience in public accounting, specifically taxation. We are seeking someone with excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Assist managers and partners with tax services including planning, research, and compliance
- Prepare income tax returns for various entities and individuals. Demonstrate ability to apply advanced tax and accounting concepts when providing tax planning or tax preparation services.
- Recognize potential problem areas in projects/returns and discuss with appropriate team members.
- Interact with clients on tax return information, deadlines, and other compliance matters. Look for opportunities to provide additional services to clients
- Prepare correspondence with IRS and state tax authorities
- Develop and expand technical capabilities which require special training, experience, or knowledge.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the client’s business to identify relevant tax issues. Suggests client tax planning ideas to manager or partner
Desired Skills & Experience
- CPA or CPA candidate with 2-5 years of experience in public accounting
- Bachelor degree in accounting required. M.S., Taxation a plus
- Must possess technical tax knowledge related to: C Corporations, S Corporations, Partnerships, Individuals, accounting methods, property transactions and tax research
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships. Provides superior customer service. Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent project management and analytical skills
We are seeking a Sr. Associate to join our accounting services group. Necessary experience and qualifications include:
- Experience assisting clients with month-end close process, including general ledger analysis, adjustments and financial statement reporting.
- Ability to assist in a variety of bookkeeping assignments for a variety of clients including insurance entities, retail, NPO’s, and professional service organizations.
- Experience advising clients on property accounting treatment and postings of business transactions, recommending adjustments and resolutions to problems.
- Experience preparing quarterly payroll and sales tax returns, as well as personal property tax returns.
- Strong organization skills that enable the ability to manage multiple engagements prioritize projects, meet deadlines in an efficient manner.
- Experience with QuickBooks, QuickBooks OnLine, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, and QuickBooks Pro Advisor certification.
- Experience and ability to implement software program utilizing import features.
- Ability to work well with team members; deliver high quality work efficiently while exceeding client service expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and a minimum of 5 years’ experience.